Management structure of the ARIB project in phase 1
The management structure of the project consists of the executive board, the project coordinator (IMG) and his deputy from the advanced partner (MPI-CBG), the project office and 5 work packages. The management of the project is supplemented by the International scientific advisory board.
The executive board is the ultimate decision making body of the project. It provides strategic orientation of the project. It discusses every ARIB activity requiring decision, especially planning of the Business plan proposal and long-term funding proposals. The board decides on any modifications of the project originally planned as well as modifications of the budget allocation between partners and changes in the leadership of work packages. The executive board approves also all project deliverables.
Each member of the board has one vote. Decisions are taken by simple majority. At least two thirds of the members have to be present to reach the quorum.
- Petr Draber – director of the Institute of Molecular Genetics CAS
- Eugene Myers – managing director of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
- Vladimir Korinek – deputy director of the Institute of Molecular Genetics CAS
- Ivan Baines – Chief Operating Officer of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
- Radislav Sedlacek – project coordinator, Institute of Molecular Genetics CAS
- Pavel Tomancak – project deputy coordinator, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
The role of the ARIB project coordinator is executed by Radislav Sedlacek (IMG). The deputy project coordinator is Pavel Tomancak (MPI-CBG). The project coordinator manages the project, ensures that the project objectives are achieved and the project deliverables are submitted duly to the European Commission.
The project coordinator supported by the work package leaders and the project office guarantees that the contractual responsibilities towards the European Commission are being fulfilled.